Looking for Something?

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Haul Part IV- Indoor Garden Box

This indoor garden box was a gift to ourselves. Due to circumstances out of our control with our house (the poo tank being located under our sidewalk), we had to put our dreams of building a cold storage on the back burner for a while.  I'm not one to give up on my dreams of home grown food during the winter, I was able to find this solution. Luckily they were willing to trade photography work in exchange for this grow box, otherwise I wouldn't have one. 

~marisa






4 comments:

David said...

Wow, that's the Mother of all indoor garden boxes. I'm impressed with the simplicity but functionality of the garden box. It is really quite ingenious. What will you grow in your indoor garden?

Have a great indoor garden box day.

Dave@TheHomeGarden said...

Very neat design! I may have to try to make one similar to that. I like the reflective hood.

Judi said...

A little pricey but so cool. It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to make - I wonder why it is so expensive? We just ate the last of our garden tomatoes (I had placed all the green ones in our basement to ripen). Oh so sad to think I have to wait until spring to eat anything homegrown!

Unknown said...

David, this round we have radishes, carrots, cilantro, spinach, and onions. I think next round I will just do leafy greens and herbs.

Dave, you could definately make your own! Like Judi said, it is a little pricey, and I'm not sure why. I was glad that I was able to trade for it, otherwise it was too expensive to justify for our family.

Judi, I'm so jealous that you just barely ran out of tomatoes!!! I've been buying the tasteless ones from the grocery store, nothing compares to homegrown tomatoes.