Looking for Something?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pick of the Day


Mike Johnson
I have worked in the financial industry for 10 years and currently I teach people how to develop trading systems for active investing in stocks and options. As I talk to people every day they are always asking me for my stock pick of the day. Because of regulations I always have to be careful what I tell them, but I am going to share with you all my pick of the day today, CSA.
Before you all go and type CSA into your online brokerage accounts let me stop you. I am not referring to a company. I am referring to Community Supported Agriculture. We have had articles that talk about CSA’s in the past but it is that time of the year to start thinking about signing up for CSA’s again.
CSA’ give you an opportunity to buy a share of one of your local farms. This share gives you the right to a portion of the produce that the farmer harvests from his/her farm. The food is fresh, and often times organic. It also gives you an opportunity to try foods that you would not normally buy. In addition to the benefits you also share the farmers risk and if the farm does not produce you will receive smaller portions of food.
To get more information about CSA’s go to local harvest's website. On the right side of this page you can find local CSA’s by typing in your Zip Code. Support your local farmers and enjoy the benefits of fresh food.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We're going to start doing a informal "CSA." Some family friends have expressed interest in getting produce from us. We'll see how much we produce and whether it's enough to supply everyone.

Mike said...

That's an awesome idea Rachel. Keep us informed of how it goes for you.