Looking for Something?

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vending Machine Sells Free Range Eggs

I came upon this article on yahoo yesterday about stange vending machines. Take a look at the article. I have never wanted to buy a pizza or a gold bar from a vending machine. However one of the vending machines caught my eye.

This photo was taken by Josh Berglund. It shows a free range egg vending machine spotted in Japan. According to Yahoo you can also buy free range eggs via vending machine in Santa Cruz California at At Glaum Egg Ranch. $3 for 24 cage free chicken eggs. This seems pretty cheap to me. There isn't a legal definition for "cage free" chickens but many farmers will tell you that"Cage Free" eggs come from chickens that are not caged but they don't have as much room to roam as "Free Range" chickens.

Now if I could just get some nice crispy bacon in a vending machine, everything would be right in the world.

7 comments:

David said...

Cage free eggs in a vending machine? What will they think of next. Your right about the term cage free. It's a gray area that no one seems to know excatly what it means. There are no parameters on how big the area is form the chickens to roam so it be no bigger than the cage they live in. I expect that there's no peckin' or scratchin' going on in the cage free area. It think it's all a selling point.

Kait Palmer said...

wow.
what's next, dairy cows at a milk-your-own vending machine?
pretty crazy

The Milk Maid said...

Oh my goodness an egg vending machine! I wonder just how fresh they are. I am glad I am able to go to the chicken coop in my backyard and get mine fresh everyday!

-Sydney- said...

Wow, cool! I wonder how they keep the eggs from breaking.

Gracefully Vintage said...

What a Darling Blog, i love it, that is the most amzing machine i have ever seen..
Karryann...

Andrea said...

I WANT this machine. I would put it out in front of the farm to capture that drive-by traffic! Does anyone else see the irony that cage-free chicken eggs are now in cages??

Unknown said...

Love it