Looking for Something?

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tat Soi Recipe

Like I promised, I would try out the Tat Soi recipe, I received Tat Soi in my CSA last week and didn't know what to do with it. If you remember my neighbor/friend Tressa tried it out and her kids loved it. My kids don't enjoy healthy meals as much as hers do. Come to dinner at my house and you will hear things like, "Nasty, what is that? I'm not eating that! I don't think I'm hungry anymore!" At which my husband and I reply with something like, "Great, more for me!" or sometimes there is a threat in there, "Alright, but don't you even think you are having dessert tonight!" Every once in a while, we play the guilt route, "Do you understand how long I spent making this meal? How do you think it makes me feel when you say something like that?" Then of course if I'm in a bad mood, I might just send them to their rooms for being so rude.

Last night was no different. The kids come running in the house for dinner claiming they are starving, they took one look at it and said, "Gross, pasta with cooked lettuce?" At which my 2 year old, Mason, claimed, "I don't wike pasta wit wettuce!"

Due to threats of no cake unless the plates are licked clean, they ate their "pasta with cooked lettuce", and they liked it! They didn't devour it with the vigor Tressa's kids ate it, but they ate, liked it and asked for more, and in the end, they got their cake.

2 comments: