Looking for Something?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Home for the Girls

First off, I just want to say I LOVE YOU GUYS! Thank you for your kind words and advice yesterday. It really did help! 

Saturday was a great day, a day that was long overdue. You see, our adorable little chicks became quite large very quickly. They were living in our basement and needed a permanent home outside. We purchased a used coop from the neighbors and were going to move it over to our house a week ago, but it didn't work out. I was distraught, as much as I love the chickens, I didn't want them in the house any longer. Saturday, we made it happen, we moved the coop.



This is what the coop currently looks like and what I'm hoping for it to look like when I'm done. 

I can tell the girls just love their new home.

6 comments:

Victoria Williams said...

Love your chickens. The one in front looks just like our Tootsie.

David said...

Marisa, I'm glad to hear you are out of the slump. For the girls there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home. I travel at different times during the year to help with volunteer projects and I can definitely say there's no place like home. It's good to be away but it's better to be home at sleep in my own bed and shower in my own shower.

Have a great spring day.

daisy g said...

Love your vision! I'm excited for you! Your girls will be so happy there.

Sarah said...

It looks great! And the girls are so big! Your view? Absolutely breathtaking...wow.

Anonymous said...

Aww, is that a Barred Rock and a Jersey Giant? They look identical to our two new girls Maude and Ethel! Can't wait to see the finished coop!

Hazel said...

They start off so cute but turn into smelly poo machines after a while. The time comes when they just MUST go outside...but then I always fall back in love with them and their silly ways! I love my chookies!