Looking for Something?

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Today is a beautiful Saturday. I wish I was working in the yard, but I'm not sure where to start. We don't have a tiller, we need to get some compost brought in...I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

I ended up deep cleaning 2 bathrooms, it felt good.

We were able to find a chicken coop, our neighbors down the street are moving and selling off a lot of their backyard farming gear...cheap.  I knew patience would pay off. Michael priced out the chicken coop I wanted him to build, it was going to be $1100. That is exactly 78% of our early spring budget. Needless to say, we decided to go with plan B.

Here is what we need to fund with our early spring budget:
chicken coop
bee hives
bee suit
compost for garden
fruit trees
raspberry/strawberry plants 

Late spring budget will go toward:
goats
goat fencing
goat shelter

~marisa





5 comments:

Bach Family Farm said...

What kind of goats are you looking to get! We will have baby nubians soon :) We will probably be selling them if you are interested.

MAYBELLINE said...

Clean bathrooms can make you feel good.

daisy g said...

Love that you were able to find equipment so nearby!

It's wonderful that you are so organized with your list of needs and wants. It seems that spring is indeed in the air!

Kanda said...

Marisa,

I have a bit of long big pieces of pressurized wood, I'm not using, you may have it if you use it for your yard. It may come in handy, so the next time your in my woods, check it out.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kanda, you are awesome!