Monday, January 18, 2010
I Say Tomayto, You Say Tomahto...Quiz
Okay, here are the rules. You have to make your best guess, no cheating and looking up the answers on the internet!
1. Tomatoes are native to what continent?
b. South America
2. In what year did the U.S. Supreme Court rule that the tomato is a vegetable and not a fruit?
3. You should store your tomatoes
a. in the fridge
b. at room temperature
c. in the attic
d. in the doghouse
4. When the French first were introduced to the tomato, they called it
a. the apple of love
b. apple of paradise
d. perfect for french fries
5. About how many varieties of tomatoes are there?
(if you answer A, you need to get out to a farmers market!)
6. Which country produces the most tomatoes?
7. The largest documented tomato weighed
a. 3 lbs. 4 oz.
b. 7lbs. 12 oz.
c. 9lbs. 1 oz.
d. 5 lbs. 8 oz.
8. Botanically speaking, a tomato is a fruit
Leave your answers in a comment. Yes, there will be a winner. The first person to comment with all the correct answers will win a packet of my favorite heirloom tomato seeds. Answers will be announced Wednesday January 20th.
Remember~No cheating! Cheaters never win...well, sometimes they do. Just don't cheat.