I encourage everyone to set goals to change or expand your backyard farm this year. Perhaps you can add a couple of more pots to your container farm. Expand your garden another 100 square feet. Put up some trellises. Plant some new vegetables or fruits. Add some layers or broilers.
Look over the seed and poultry catalogs. Place your orders. Establish your timelines. Dream and do.
Here are my goals for expanding my garden this year.
- 5 Triple Crown blackberry bushes
- 5 Caroline raspberry bushes
- 5 Josephine raspberry bushes
- 25 Jewel strawberry plants
- 3 McDonald Rhubarb plants
- 4 new garden trellises
- 50 Freedom Ranger broilers
- 50 Cornish Cross broilers
- Build new portable layer house for pasturing my layers.
I love staring out my den window at my dead backyard farm in January and making my big plans.
What are your garden goals for this year?