Looking for Something?

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Send us your recipes!

Well, we're two weeks into our egg recipe contest and wanted to remind you to get those recipes in! Remember to email them to backyardfarmingblog@gmail.com by May 15th. We also going to relax the rules a little bit - meaning you don't have to send in a picture if you don't want to. We would love to get a photo of the recipe but if you don't have time to make your recipe and take a picture, we understand! So, no excuses now - send 'em in!

I also thought I'd go ahead and share the recipe for Knorpp Family German Pancakes. I got this recipe from my amazing mother-in-law Sandra. I love it because it can knock out a whole week's worth of eggs in one pop plus they are a real crowd pleaser.

12 eggs(yup, that's right - a while dozen!)
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. sugar

Melt 1/4 cube butter in two 9 x 13 pans. (I melt it in the microwave and then brush it into the pans.) Mix all of the ingredients and divide evenly amongst the two pans. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve. I like to add some blackberry preserves and real maple syrup. You may not think you need this many but my little family finishes off both pans! These are nice because unlike traditional pancakes you can make them easily and serve them immediately to the whole crowd without having to wait to turn pancakes or cook more. And if we do have any leftovers my chickens go nuts over them!

3 comments:

m. said...

i am so excited! we have pancake breakfast every sunday & i needed a new one for this week. i have never heard of pancakes you bake. genius!

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

I made this for our family last weekend and I added a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and it was so GOOD! The two kids loved it as well as the husband and the two chicken really thought they had gone to heaven! Thanks so much for this recipe- I have a feeling it will be a family staple. Oh and for the topping, I made a syrup from Gaviota strawberries which was incredible on the pancake. Thanks so much!