We are always looking for good egg recipes round these parts and decided it was high time for a contest. Do you make some amazing deviled eggs, or is your potato salad with eggs to die for? What about a custard or some other eggy dessert? And don't forget all of those quiche and omelet recipes! If you've got one - we want it! So send us your egg recipes at email@example.com between now and May 15th, 2008. Anything using eggs is admissible but here are how the points will be awarded:
1. Number of eggs used - the more the merrier! (10 - 15 pts.)
2. Flavor - OBVIOUSLY! (5-20 pts.)
3. Usability - was it easy to make and did our family want to eat it? (5-10 pts)
4. *Presentation - yes, pictures please! (5-10 pts.)* No longer required - bonus point only!
5. Egginess - were eggs just a supporting role or did your farm fresh eggs get to shine? (1-5 pts.)
Highest possible total - 50 points(unless you take a picture and get bonus points!)
Then a few of us contributors will make each and every recipe round the country in our own kitchens, eat them with our families, and compare notes.
The winner will receive:
A fun egg timer:
This cute little painted metal chick:A 5"x7" print of this image taken by Marisa:
My favorite thing to eat with eggs on a Saturday morning - Pioneer Brand pancake mix:And an apron made by Sarah at Jedidiah's Novelties:
The winner will be announced June 1st. The other recipes will be posted in groups - depending on the number entered - every Monday through the month of June.
*Image of the Knorpp Family's German Pancakes with blackberry jam & maple syrup(yes, they're REALLY good...recipe coming soon!)