Looking for Something?

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Seed Catalogs

Do you remember getting the JC Penny catalog every December? Looking through it used to be one of my very favorite things to do at Christmas time. Those days are gone, does JC Penny's even have a catalog anymore? Anyways, I'm older and hopefully wiser now, so I now love receiving the Seed Savers Exchange catalog in the mail. I spend hours looking through all the seeds, just like I used to look through all the toys. I circle the seeds that look interesting, just like I used to circle the toys I wanted to get from Santa. I dog-ear the pages that are the best and most beautiful and interesting. Do you love the seed catalogs like I do? Which ones are your favorites?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baker Creek Seeds is hands down my favorite seed catalog. It has recipes and pictures of families who've grown the seeds. They have a seed bank in Petaluma, CA too which I love. You are right that these are my new JCP catalog!

daisy g said...

Yeah, seed catalogs are wonderful for dreaming about what to grow. Jung and Shumway are two of my favorites. They sell non-GMO seeds and many heirlooms. Enjoy the planning!

David said...

Marisa, seed catalogs are my favorite gift that starts arriving right before Christmas. Even though I usually have plenty of seeds, I just can't resist buying more. What's up with that? I guess it's why I always have such a big stash of seeds at the beginning of the next year. I just tested a few different seeds to see out viable they were. They sprouted and grew with gusto. This will be my first year to try to grow onions from seed. Yeah, a real challenge.

Have a great seed catalog browsing day.

P.S. To answer you question about my favorite, it's the one I'm browsing at any given time. There all good.

Lori Fendt said...

Rare Seeds centerofthewebb.com does not provide a hard copy seed catalog but browsing in their online shop makes me drool just as much

Maria Stallings said...

Oh man! I just received my Bakers Creek Catalogue in the mail, and it too brought back memories of the good 'ole days -- remember those Troll & Scholastic book order forms??

Not That Kind Of Farmer said...

Thanks for sharing useful info on virtually identical, here i got lots of knowledge about it.