Looking for Something?

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cooking Acorn Squash

I got some acorn squash in my bountiful basket last week, when we ate them for dinner, my kids were fighting over them. So, when we got more in the bountiful basket today, I decided to share how I made them, and maybe your kids will fight over them too.
I first cut the top and the bottom off so that they would have a flat surface to sit on while they cooked. 

Next, I cut it in half....like so, and scoop out the seeds, like you would a pumpkin.

 Brush on olive oil and sprinkle with some sea salt.

If you need it quick, microwave on high for about 7-10 mins, you know when it's done when it will squish a little bit (technical....I know.)

Most things are better when baked, so if you have the time, bake at 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half.

Enjoy!

~marisa

2 comments:

Aly said...

How fun! I have been looking for healthy, new, and creative lunch ideas for the kids. We will try this one for sure!! Thanks :O).

If you have any other fun ideas, please leave a comment on our homeschool blog. I just did an entire post dedicated to healthy lunches!

www.k12homeschoolfamily.blogspot.com


~Aly

Elle said...

We grew some acorn squash this year and instead of putting salt and oil on it, we put brown sugar. Not all that healthy, but still so yummy!