Looking for Something?

Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti


I'm so torn up about the earthquake in Haiti, it is so sad to see the devastation there. My husband spent two years in the Dominican Republic (the country that shares the island with Haiti) he has such love for the people and culture there. Here in America we have all been blessed so much, many of these people live on about a dollar a day. There are many great organizations that you could donate to, here are just a few.

Doctors without Borders

International Red Cross
Partners in Health
LDS Humanitarian Services 100% of your donation goes to those in need, the church uses other funds to cover the administrative costs.

~marisa

3 comments:

Dale Johnson said...

Thanks for this posting. I have been meaning to give and the Red Cross website makes it so easy. I encourage everyone to help out.

Judy T said...

I donated to the Red Cross via text message. It was so easy. Evidently others are finding it easy as well since I heard that of Friday late afternoon $10 million had been donated by text. At $10 per text that is 1 million texts. Simply amazing. As tight as our finances are right now, we can still afford $10 for people who didn't have much to begin with and now have nothing.
Judy

Unknown said...

Judy, I totally agree!