Looking for Something?

Friday, February 29, 2008

We got one!!!

Well, after many many weeks of waiting we got our first egg! Just this morning Marisa was asking me if I had any yet and I had to say no. I honestly was beginning to think I had somehow purchased three unexplainably sterile birds. That would be just like me. But I am so glad I was wrong. I was just out there holding one of the hens and bothering her quite a bit when I looked into their coop and saw what I thought was the ping pong ball we had put in to encourage them in their egg laying. Like, "Hey, doesn't this small round thing stir up some unspoken primal desire in you to lay eggs?" That was months ago so today when I thought I was looking at it I didn't think too much about it until I realized their were 2 ping pong ball like things in there! So I didn't waste a minute and ran inside and shouted to my six year old to hurry and get out back to see our first egg! We were and still are beaming with pride at our hen's first attempt - though small - at laying eggs. Finally!~Megan

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray!

Patria said...

Congratulations- you're on a working farm now!!

megan said...

Beachcomber - I know! We got our second egg today and I can't believe how exciting it still is. Mike(my husband) has really gotten into it and is going out and checking and spending more time with the chickens. It's a lot of fun...

Carlie said...

Okay Meg et al, I've laid MANY an egg over the years and you never made a fuss about any of them! guess I'll just have to turn to something more creative to get your attention. Hmmmmm.