Looking for Something?

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Balcony Garden

by marisa

When we found out we were going to have to temporarily move into an apartment I figured I would just have a nice little balcony garden. I had grand dillusions, I mean illusions of what the space could be. 

Maybe a little something like this.
www.smallgardendesign.ie

or maybe like this. 
www.apartmenttherapy.com

 But the reality is this. 
 Bikes, squirt guns, and a bunch of dead plants.

I have not given up though. I WILL have a great balcony! I bought some plants and herbs from the farmer's market today and I will be visiting the thrift store to see if I can pull together a great looking space.  Check back for the update!

Feel free to email or comment any suggestions you have for me. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marisa, If by any chance you're hung up on the need to wind up with something stunning or beautiful, you would do well to replace that with just buying (or receiving as gifts) things that you love. Gardeners love to share what they have. If you see something you love, knock on the door of the person who owns it, tell them what you like about it and ask if you can have some of it. Very often, the answer will be 'Yes! Of course!'

Karen said...

Ha-ha. The bike in there really made me laugh. Just keep trying huh? I'm excited to see what you come up with. You are so creative and have that artistic eye.