Thank you to everyone that joined us Thursday night for the essential oils webinar! Sorry about the technical difficulties. I will be reteaching the class Tuesday November 29th, with a DIFFERENT webinar service!
Here is a quick overview on what we went over:
- Essential oils are really powerful, 50-70 times stronger than herbs
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea
- There is little government regulation on essential oils, so it is VERY important that you do your research on the company you are using
- A bottle of E.O. can be labeled 100% pure, but be 100% synthetic
- Most E.O.'s have weeds, pesticides, synthetics, and fillers in them
- I have chosen to use Doterra because it is the only company that uses 3rd party testing on EVERY SINGLE BATCH of oils to check for purity and potency. They will not have any pesticides, fillers, synthetics, or weeds. They are organic!
- You only need to use about 3 drops of essential oils for each application
- You can reapply essential oils every 20 mins if needed, you won't overdose on them!
- Put a few drops in your homemade kitchen and bath cleaners
- Put a few drops in your water for as an antioxidant and detoxifier for the body and a refreshing drink (use only Doterra oils for this, they are labeled and checked for safe consumption) Most oils state on the label that they are not for internal use
- Add a drop to honey to soothe a dry or sore throat
- Diffuse in a room to neutralize odors and elevate mood
- Diffuse in a room or apply topically to calm anxiety and soothe emotions
- Apply topically to soothe irritated skin and lips
- Massage on the back or bottom of feet and apply a drop to pillow at bedtime for peaceful sleep
- Apply immediately to help calm reaction to a bee sting or bug bite
- Use with lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse
- Inhale deeply to invigorate lungs and increase alertness
- Add to water in a spray bottle and mist body when overheated
- Apply to neck and forehead with Lavender to calm headaches
- Apply to skin blemishes and rashes as part of a daily cleansing program
- Use with shampoo or conditioner for healthy scalp and hair
- Apply to feet for athletes foot
- Apply topically for yeast infections
- Use with Lavender in a lotion for diaper rash
- Put a few drops on a cotton ball and keep in the ear overnight for ear infections
- Take several drops in an empty gelatin capsule for periodic immune support
- Dilute and apply to bottom of feet as a natural defense
- Use internally as part of a monthly cleansing regiment for GI health
- Apply carefully to skin tags and warts
- Apply directly to tired, aching joints
- Rub on muscles before and after exercise to reduce discomfort
- Use with a carrier oil for a theraputic deep-tissue massage
- Apply topically to chest and neck to help clear lungs and sinuses
- Diffuse or add to humidifier at bedtime for more restful sleep
- Apply to chest or bottom of feet for seasonal respiratory discomfort
- I no longer have use for my asthma rescue inhaler or my asthma perscription because of this blend!!!
- Rub on stomach to ease digestive discomfort, nausea, or motion sickness
- Take internally at meal times to support healthy, comfortable, digestion
- Apply to bottom of feet of children to help ease digestive issues
- Dilute and gargle morning and night as a protective mouth rinse
- Take several drops in an empty gelatin capsule for added immune support
- Dilute in spray bottle to clean doorknobs, telephones, and other community surfaces
- Diffuse in a room to eliminate airbourne pathogens
I would love to chat with you about your particular issues or problems, feel free to email me at
If you would like to order any of these essential oils, go to this link.
You can also get to the link by clicking on "my herb store" at the top left of the blog.
If you order a kit by Friday November 25, I have a free oil to give you as well! Contact me before ordering so I can explain how to get it.
I recommend ordering a kit, because with the kit you get a free wholesale membership, so for the next year you get to buy the oils at wholesale cost!