Looking for Something?

Monday, April 25, 2011

Homeschool Activities

The kids built a ziggurat (an ancient Mesopotamian temple) We are using the Story of the World curriculum, which I LOVE!!! We were also excited to find this song while studying the Mesopotamian's.  

 Mason trims the wheat grass to throw into our smoothies which helps his motor skills.
 

Maya does a science experiment "magic trick" with magnets. She believes in safety first, hence the goggles.

Madelyn learns to stack. 
Why is it that we even buy things for our kids at this age? You get them a gift, they play with box and wrapping paper. You buy them blocks to stack, and they stack the toilet paper!

A field trip to a museum is entertaining as well as educational. 

~marisa


9 comments:

Karina said...

We just happen to be reading this book about Gilgamesh:
http://www.amazon.com/Gilgamesh-Hero-Geraldine-McCaughrean/dp/0802852629

We read a little bit at bedtime and the kids are enjoying it (along with my commentary)

Karina said...

One more thing. This is what my sister says about the Gilgamesh book:
http://bananaknees.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-report-gilgamesh-hero.html

Unknown said...

Thanks Karina, I'm going to see if my library has the book.

daisy g said...

Isn't it just the best being witness to all they discover? Love homeschooling! ;0)

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Great activities... I love the stacking bit. yea, why buy toys, when so many is around. In my childhood days, toys are things we found or created!

Anonymous said...

I envy your patience to homeschool. I'll have to take comfort that my son's school still has a 4H club and the entire school from K-8 is only 98 students. We'll see how it goes as he's just about to start.

MAYBELLINE said...

I certainly understand why you home school. I posted about the bureaucratic nonsense regarding a school garden. I can only imagine how nutty it is in public schools now. What a shame.

What museum has a giant tortoise? That is way cool.

Mamachromatic said...

I just happened upon your blog and I LOVE IT!

Thank you for taking the time to share what you do.

Aloha,
Mama

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments guys! Mabelline, the museum is the free Bean museum at BYU.