If you have yet to try rhubarb - why not do it this year? It's a real treat!
- 2 pounds rhubarb, sliced crosswise 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine the rhubarb, 1 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup flour; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine remaining 1/2 cup flour and the butter. Pulse until the butter pieces are pea-size. Add brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Pulse to combine. Sprinkle over rhubarb.
- Bake until rhubarb is tender and topping is golden, 35 to 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.