Looking for Something?

Friday, August 28, 2015

Easy microwave summer squash recipe


This is one of my favorite ways to cook yellow summer squash. It takes longer to walk to the garden and harvest than it does to prepare.

In a 1-quart glass casserole or other microwave-safe dish mix:

1 squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
About 3 Tablespoons chopped green pepper

Season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
Add pat of butter. (This is optional, but come on! It's butter, yum.)

No water is necessary. Cover with glass lid or plastic wrap. Microwave at high power, checking after 3 minutes. This is the amount of time to cook this in my 1100-watt appliance; adjust times accordingly for your microwave.



Be sure to check out Maple Hill's seed-to-table series today. This week's entry: Parsley.

1 comment:

David said...

Jennifer, yes, yes, yes, I just acquired a squash from a friend's garden and was wondering just how I was going to prepare it. The green peppers from my garden are gorgeous this year. Apparently they love all the above average rainfall that we had all summer long. So I see squash and green peppers in the microwave in my near future. Thanks for the great tip.



Have a great squash in the microwave day.