Looking for Something?

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tick Tock

So, nothing new has come on the market, and time is ticking by here in the apartment.  October will be our 5th month here. We HAD a closing date on the orphan house, and that closing date has been pushed back to who knows when. Sigh. We have all of our ducks in a row on our end, we are just waiting on the sellers end.  But, just as I start to feel sorry for myself because we are crammed in here, I'm reminded how fortunate we are. Our apartment is much larger and nicer than some larger families have. Just as I think that we are never going to have a house, there are fires near-by and 4 homes get burnt to the ground along with all of their things. Just as I think that I'm never going to get land, a friend of mine is in a dispute over 17 feet of their backyard, where they are going to have to move sprinklers and fencing. I feel like this is a trial, but when I look around, I realize how truly blessed I am to have a generally happy and healthy family,  a safe place to live, wonderful supportive family, and great friends.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said. I'm still dreaming of my forever home too.

NiCole said...

We're also waiting for our dream +1 acre on Oahu. All in good time. I love your blog and photos. Best wishes. You helped encourage our backyard flock, which we can no longer imagine life without. Mahalos!

Unknown said...

Michelle and Nicole, good luck getting your dream homes! NiCole, yours sounds MUCH dreamier than mine! I'm so glad you got yourself a backyard flock.

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with you. It's hard to be patient, but usually in the end the result is well worth the wait! You have a good attitude about it. I enjoy reading your posts. It gets me excited for someday when I have my dreamhouse in the country. I'm still working on my hubby to let me have chickens. After talking to Mike I think that he may be coming around! Jen J. in Morgan :)