Looking for Something?

Monday, May 18, 2009

Man Hands

As I was sitting reading with my 8 year old son, he looked up at me and innocently said, "Mom, you have man hands." I was taken a little off guard as the clip from the show Seinfeld played in my head. I asked him what he meant. He told me that I had short nails and that there was dirt underneath them. I then explained to him that because I like to garden, weed, and work in the yard my nails tend to take a beating. I now take pride in my "man hands" and you ladies out there that sacrifice great looking nails to grow your own food should take pride in yours as well!

~marisa

6 comments:

Garden Pheenix said...

lmao. I was just thinking I was getting man hands the other day. Epic ;c)

Elle said...

haha! this is a great episode!! you should have told reece that he has girl hands and see if that gets him to garden :)

Dale Johnson said...

I am glad my wife has man hands too. I think the fingernail polish would really strain our marraige.

Jennifer said...

hee hee. My dirty man hands never make the complete transformation back to supposed-to-be-clean piano teacher hands. It's like a scrap of Hulk's clothing left on Bill Bixby. This cracked me up.

Holly said...

I use gloves to keep my fingers from getting all scraggly when gardening but I do have man feet if there is such a thing. I wear flips about 8 months out of the year so I could pretty much walk over hot coals and not feel it. That, and I have a farmer's tan.

Allen said...

Man Hands are so much more than just dirty short fingernails. My guess is that none of you have man hands. Man hands is also about the thick muscly hands that us men have. And when you see a woman with that type of hands it makes you do a double take because it is such an odd occurance.