In an effort to be healthier our family has made a goal to eat more beans. This is a big undertaking since most of us claim that we don't like beans. We have only been adding more beans to our meals for about a week but I have found some great recipes that anyone will love, even kids. Why do we want to use more beans? Let's talk about the benefits of beans.
- Beans lower cholesterol
- Beans are an excellent source of non fat protein.
- Beans are and excellent source of complex carbohydrates.
- The carbohydrates in beans are absorbed slower than simple sugars so you stay fuller longer when you eat them.
- Beans have lots of fiber.
- They are easy to store and cook.
- Beans are an inexpensive protein.
Now that I have convinced you to eat beans, watch for the insanely delicious black bean soup recipe in my next article.