Looking for Something?

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'll Show You Mine


Here is our spaghetti squash off just a few plants. They are very prolific. These squash store well after washing them in water with a couple of drops of chlorine to keep them from spoiling. We will be eating them for weeks. We cut them in half, remove the seeds, and then bake them in the oven or microwave cut side down against the cooking dish to preserve the moisture. We then spoon the pulp out of the shell and serve with butter, salt, and pepper. They have a tender yellow pulp that is stringy like spaghetti. Sometimes we put pasta sauce on it. When we start eating spaghetti squash we know autumn is close at hand in our backyard farm. We love it!

~Dale

3 comments:

Mike said...

I love spaghetti squash. They are one of my favorites. I wonder how well they would grow in Utah.

Jennifer said...

They grow great here.

katiegirl said...

Hi Dale! I was one of your students at UM. I took your Farm Management (?) class in 2004. I stumbled on your blog after searching for broiler information. I have some broilers that are a week or two away from processing.

I love the blog so far. Thanks to everyone who contributes!